Faith Over Frivolity

I just read an article in USA Today about how last year's Heisman Trophy winning quarterback Tim Tebow was not nominated for the PlayboyAll-American team because the person responsible for nominating him knew that Tim's Christian beliefs would prohibit him from participating in the event.
"I've been working with Tim since his first day here and I know his
priorities and his family," Assistant Sports Information Director Zack
Higbee said. "He has that trust in me to make the decision."

The article then briefly mentions Tim's mission trips that he takes yearly...

Aside from being a great story and a positive piece of news, this story grabbed my attention because it wasn't Tim who declined the nomination but someone with whom he interacted with. Through his relationship, speach and actions with this person they knew what his beliefs are and stood up for his beliefs for him. I have no idea if Mr. Higbee is a Christian or not, but it says a lot about Tim Tebow's living out of his faith in word and deed that this man would know not only what Tim's beliefs are but how Tim would respond to the situation because of them.

It causes me to pause a moment and wonder if those around me would know what my beliefs are and how I would respond to such a situation...

No comments:

Post a Comment