A Small, Soft Touch

At the end of a busy, yet enjoyable weekend, I went to bed early last night with a migraine. A couple of hours later, I woke up as Lisa joined me and felt a lot better. Between 2 and 4:30am, Lydia was awake off and on, crying and basically wanting up. In the 4 o'clock hour, I brought Lydia to our bed with the hope that she would fall asleep. For the first few minutes she was lying next to me, she was rubbing my face and softly humming. For whatever reason, she found my beard to be interesting and was circling my face in the dark with her small hands.

A few minutes later she was wanting to stand up and roll around, so I returned her to her crib. She fell back asleep and so did I. I awoke this morning feeling incredibly blessed.

That little moment in the dark of night is still causing me to smile hours later.

No comments:

Post a Comment