I am Precious, Honored and Loved

I read these words last night and wanted to post them here.
Notice how God repeatedly goes out of His way to declare who He is and who we are. He continually reiterates why He is everything of importance and that we were made by Him to bring Him glory and sing His praises. Awesome - literally, awe inspiring.

Excerpts from Isaiah 43
1 But now thus says the Lord, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine.

2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.

4 Because you are precious in my eyes, and honored, and I love you

5 Fear not, for I am with you

7 everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made.

10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord

11 I, I am the Lord, and besides me there is no savior.
12 I declared and saved and proclaimed, when there was no strange god among you; and you are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and I am God.
13 Also henceforth I am he; there is none who can deliver from my hand; I work, and who can turn it back?”

14 Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel

15 "I am the Lord, your Holy One, the Creator of Israel, your King.”

18 “Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old.
19 Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.
20 The wild beasts will honor me, the jackals and the ostriches, for I give water in the wilderness, rivers in the desert, to give drink to my chosen people,
21 the people whom I formed for myself that they might declare my praise.

25 I, I am he who blots out your transgressions for my own sake, and I will not remember your sins.

26 Put me in remembrance

No comments:

Post a Comment