Anticipation and Anxiety

Serving on the Pastor Search Committee for our church has given me the opportunity to get to know some people I wouldn't have had the time to do otherwise and it has allowed me to hear the thoughts of others regarding not only the status/direction of FBCH but also what they perceive as the current status of the Church as a whole in America. These conversations have been honest, open and very exciting to be a part of. When open dialogue is promoted between two or more people who have similar desires, those conversations can quickly explode into something that is much bigger than what might have been the original topic or focus. Sometimes you don't even realize what has taken place until you reflect on it at a later time.

I've had several of these conversations over the past few weeks with people on the PSC, staff members of both FBCH and Redeemer, as well as college students and members of our Sunday School class. Each one of them has left me excited and wondering what God has planned for FBCH's future (and Redeemer's) as well as for me. I know in the short term that life will be amazingly crazy with a new baby in the mix and all that goes along with that as well as the possibility of losing my job. However, it is the longer term stuff that I am anxiously awaiting - to see how God moves me from where I am now to where He wants me to be and how He does all that needs to in order for that change to take place.

My prayer is that I would be willing to take the steps that He has for me, trusting that He has a plan for me and will protect and provide for me. This is the stuff that everyone struggles with - the letting go of control and following God as He leads without trying to push God where I think I need to go. That's where I need to make sure I am - resting in the God of my comfort and supplication for He is my Provider, Sustainer, Savior and Creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment