Abortion - Destroying God's Knitting Work

I wanted to capture these thoughts about abortion from John Piper video below...

Piper quotes Psalm 139:13-14 - "I am mysteriously, wonderfully made" - in the original language it reads "I am being knit together in my mother's womb..." "Who is the knitter?" The knitter is not nature, the knitter is God.

"What's happening in a woman's tummy is God is at work. God is making a human being."

Piper on the "ambiguity of the moment of personhood":
"Clearly life is there from the beginning... If life, if soul, if personhood happens by God's creative decree and you are not sure where, which way are you going to push it? And who can be dogmatic here? I mean, who can say that 'I know for absolute certainty that it's the breath the baby takes where life, where human personhood is imparted'. Or 'I know that when the brain stem is this big and he flitches his eyes, God has made him a person'. Or 'I know that when these chromosomes come together Bang! God has created a person'. Frankly... All I know is this: I am going to err on the side of not killing a person."

"Ultimately, it's because God is at work. And if He is supreme, leave His knitting work alone."

No comments:

Post a Comment