One Giant Leap

Last night I was sitting in the white chair in our living room and Lydia crawled over to me and pulled herself up to a standing position, hanging on to the seat with one hand. She cruised to the end of the chair and then paused, with one hand barely touching the arm of the chair. At the time, Lisa was sitting at the end of the couch playing around on the laptop, unaware of what was going on. I said Lisa's name to get her attention and Lydia looked back at me over her shoulder.

I was afraid that my attempts to get Lisa's attention might have distracted Lydia from her previous thought. However, in a few short moments, Lydia let go of the arm of the chair and proceeded to walk, unassisted and unencouraged, from my chair to the edge of the couch, a distance of about 3 feet. She arrived at her destination safely and without incident and we all celebrated with clapping and cheering.

This is, to the best of my knowledge, the first time that Lydia has walked from one place to another with someone encouraging her to do so. Look out world, here she comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment