Thankful Thursday 18JUN09

Lately I have been prompted by God to dwell on how amazing He is by watching my daughter, Lydia, grow and learn. It's amazing to think that a year ago she was being formed by God in the womb and now, at 7 months old, she is jabbering and smiling and jumping. She recognizes me when I come home from work and has begun giving hugs to me at random times of the day.

I am thankful for the time that I get to share with Lydia that many fathers aren't blessed to enjoy. I feel as if I am more connected to her than I might be of I never had the opportunity to care for her on my own on the days Lisa has to work her 12 hour shifts. I think that this has allowed me a better understanding of what Lisa does for our daughter while I am at work and, hopefully, it makes me more appreciative of those efforts.

There is great truth in Psalm 127:3-5.

My prayer and praise for today:
Thank you Lord for blessing me with an absolutely wonderful wife and an amazing little daughter. I pray that I might be a living example to them of Your mercy, grace, provision, shelter and love. Thank you for granting me forgiveness for the many times I have failed to live up to the standards that You have called me to as a man, husband and father. Thank you for loving me and blessing me with these precious gifts. I pray that I would recognize them as such and that I would continually lift them both up to you in prayer. Thank you for what you are doing in my family, my church and my heart. Your Love endures forever!


Lydia Has Figured Out the Jumper Seat from Jeremy Walker on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment