Day two started with some great excitement for me in my suite. I got up at 7:30 so that I wouldn’t have to rush to meet everyone down in the lobby at 9. I climbed into the shower with every intention of taking a long shower. When I got in and realized that this shower was equipped with a 5 –way massager head, I changed my plan and took a seriously long hot shower instead.



Well, I decide I had been in the shower for long enough and I didn't want to have to rush after taking such a relaxing shower, so I shut off the water and that's when I heard the phone ringing. I panicked. "Maybe it's already 9, and that's Michael and I'm in trouble!" So I bolted out of the bathroom and grabbed the phone as I was wrapping a towel around me.



"Hello!?!??"

"Good morning sir. I'm from hotel maintenance and there is a leak in 415 and we think it may be coming from your room."

"Okay..."

"I'll be at your door in a minute."

"Okay."

Click



Nock, nock, nock...



A minute?! I had barely taken my hand off the receiver. Well, the clock by the bed said it was only 8:20, so I decided I wasn't going to run around to try and get dressed for whoever happened to be on the other side of my door. So I walked over and opened it for the maintenance man.



He walked in and explianed that evidently the recessed light fixture that is directly above the toilet in Room 415 decided it didn't want to be a plain old light source this morning. It had decided at some point to also become a small verion of Niagara Falls and pour gallons of water all over the closed toilet seat and bathroom. He asked me if I had seen any leaks or had any trouble with the water.



Is this guy blind?

Here I am dripping wet, wrapped in a towel, and he's asking me if I've had any trouble with my water.



"No sir. No trouble at all. In fact, I just got out of the shower when I answered your call on the phone."

"Well, that was good timing then, wasn't it?"

"Yep."



He checked the bathroom, which was completely dry (except for the bathtub/shower which was quite wet, and the puddle on the floor where I had launched myself out of the shower to grab the phone. With nothing apparrently wrong in my corner of the world, this poor man was off to pester some other hotel guest about the mysterious source of the water, which was apparently still streaming from the recently converted waterfall/light socket.



What a way to start my day! I couldn't help but smile and laugh about it...



We made our way to The Castle recordnign studio and set up the stage area. We made use of some elegant candle stands and incorporated more candles behind us. It helped soften the atmosphere and made it a more relaxed place to be. We then rehearsed through the show 2 complete times (without doing much singing at all - we were focussing on our movements.)



We ended up not having as much time as we like to dress before a performance, but we all rushed about and got ready in time to start on time. The performance went very nicely, and everyone sounded great.

The immediate response right after the show was very positive. We made our way into the side room where we performed some "acoustic" numbers, with Michael playing them on the baby grand piano. It was a neat way to wrap up a flawless evening. We were able to show these industry people that we are very professional and able to perform in less than ideal places. Then to follow that up with being very down-to-earth idividuals who can sing without the aid of all the electronic gizmos and still sound great, I think it was the perfect way to display our talents and our passion for the message in the music.



What an amazing trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment