Last night the group went to perform a few songs at a Black History Celebration at the Lewis-Clark St. Louis County Library. Michael had told us that we would have 15-20 minutes to ourselves, so we had planned on doing 3, maybe 4 songs. Well, I show up and realize that I will be the only male singer there besides Michael. So this means that on songs where Michael has the lead or a solo, that I would be the only male singing our harmony part. We ended up having 3 females, myself and Michael - which is about half our normal size group. Well, the room was pretty big, and we don't have microphones for the background vocals, so I knew I would have to sing a bit louder than normal to be heard. Then the lady leading the celebration tells the crowd that we will be performing for the last 45 minutes. Michael tells us we are all doing our solos as well as 4 or 5 other songs. As we began to sing more people came in - somewhere around 125 people in the room. So Michael turned up the volume a bit on the music, which meant we had to sing even louder.



My solo went really well, and was really well received by the people in the audience. I spent the last several songs gasping for breath at points, but that was to be expected. I think it sounded quite good - all things considered. The people were very cordial and appreciative, and said we sounded simply amazing.



It's cool how God allowed us to sing in a public place to proclaim His name to the people.



Afterwards, Michael informed me that I would indeed be trying out for Deke Arlon, and that Robert simply loved my voice and attitude towards our whole purpose as a group. It is an amazing group to be a part of, and I am blessed beyond imagination!

No comments:

Post a Comment